I had a consumer attack yesterday, and secured my fall season game preorders. Of course, I’ll inevitably supplement this with some more impulse-buy types like XBLA titles, but…
So to summarize, I dropped $40 for 7 preorders, and that total will escalate to $375 (not including subscriptions) as these babies trickle in through December. Yikes! As far as instant fulfillment goes, I’m actually finding the Fable 2 Pub Games pleasant, in that “I want a mindless game for 10 minutes, I know, how about some cards” sense.
- Spore – The Creature Creator was phenomenal. What can I say? This game looks like it could be fun, though I fear the Hype Monster. 2 copies here, so my Evil Spiky Bugs can eat Emi’s Cute Furry Sweetnesses.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed – I wasn’t actually planning on this one, but I was watching it. The demo was phenomenally fun. I hope the full game lives up.
- WAR – I’m not going to talk much about WAR at this point, but my old SWG guild is playing, so I’ll join them for a bit. We’ll see how it goes.
- Fable 2 – Here’s my plan with Fable 2, since I’m nearly certain the Hype Monster got to this one (it sure did with Fable 1). I’ll buy it, love it for three hours, and then be totally disappointed. Note that this didn’t preclude buying it.
- Starcraft 2 – It’s Starcraft. What can I say?
Strangely missing from this list is WoW’s Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I’m not going to make a decision there until I know how WAR is — because I’d have to get a toon into position for the expansion.
Hooray for consumerwhorism!